Blogging without a plan is aimless. This is because, every single day, thousands of blogs are published in different places worldwide and this means there are more unsuccessful blogs than there are successful ones. This article is about ten rules you must follow to ensure your blog is a success story.
Note that these rules are in no particular order; hence you don’t need to worry about on of focus more on the other. These rules are all essential in helping you create and maintain a successful blog.
- Writing with a target in mind- When you create a blog, the most important rule you must follow is have a particular group of users in mind. In addition to this, you must have a particular plan on who you want to do with the blog. Would you like to sell the blog after a year, or start and kill it at a certain time? These are some of the guiding questions you need to ask yourself when you are starting out.
- Passion-This is generally, the power you use to create the blog in the first place. This point is especially popular, if you are not making any money with the blog if that was the reason you started it in the first place. The more passions you put into writing your blog, the more of a following you will have.
- Delay monetization- there are so many failed bloggers who even before a blog is live, their attempt to monetize are all visible. They throw ads everywhere on their blog and this definitely works against them. The best rule is, create something of value; if people love it, monetize.
- Work Connect- The current web sphere has become social to an extent that very few things work without it. Social is simply; the way to go. There are many ways you can do this, starting by engaging all your readers. The more you engage them on social sites like Facebook, the more likely they will come to your blog.
- Create a community-Communities generally exist for each other. When you start having a following concerning content on your website/blog, the more successful you are likely to become as a blogger.
- Replies to comments-There are so many people who read blogs and many of them, apart from the few unethical spammers out there, leave a genuine comment on your blog. Make them feel appreciated by replying to all their comments. This is a trend in most of the successful blogs online and it must be working.
- Stay up to date-This does not mean you stay current with niche you settle for, but rather solve reader problems immediately they arise. This is one of the most effective ways to grow a blog because, by providing things of value, people will definitely come back to your blog.
- Keep experimenting-Blogging is not an easy process and everyday, keep experimenting. This will definitely depend on what your scope is, but keep experimenting until you find what works for you.
- Keep a timetable-There are many bloggers who stall in engaging their communities in many ways and one of this is never keeping a time table. Most successful bloggers have something new each week, month etc. To get the better of this, always keep your audience engaged with regular, timed content to keep them coming.
- Learn some SEO-Well, whereas it’s best as a blogger not to rely solely on the search engines for traffic, learn some SEO or hire someone to do it for you. This is because, there are millions of searchers out there and chances are that, some of them are looking for communities like yours, and if it’s done properly, the chances of success are immense.
Written by Alice from www.college-paper.org