HTC one M9
The Mobile World Congress takes place in the first week of March 2015, and HTC is looking to unveil its next generation flagship android One M9 as well as it’s consequent launch.
- According to a leak for the tech world, it’ll have dimensions of 144.3 x 69.4 x 9.56 mm but any clues regarding the weight of the handset aren’t currently specified.
- A Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core chipset inside made up of a 2GHz quad-core Cortex A57 operating alongside the 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex A53 setup.
- All of this is in close combination with the 3GB of RAM as well as Cat 6 LTE connectivity.
Full HD 5in screen has been declared as was on the HTC One M8 and it’ll also launch with the latest Android Lollipop software.
- For the camera, a 20.7MP main shooter on the back and it’s front facing camera will be – as the leak suggests either just a 4MP or a 13MP. This would imply the existence of two versions of the phone or perhaps the fact that HTC is unsure of its obsession with selfies.
The HTC One M9 would be available in the same three colours used for the One 8 and the list includes a special “Gunmetal Gold”. This next flagship HTC phone would also be referred to as ‘Hima’.
Apple is renowned for the longevity and classy services of its devices. As it’s influence is the most in innovating new-age tech, Apple’s been particular while investing in biometrics. Its only logical to presume that the Cupertino-based firm would definitely invest on a “more reliable” identification method than the thumb-print recognition metric systems as they are truly flawed. Thus, we can count on some very reliable and sophisticated security systems that is necessary at such crossroads marked by outright cyber attacks. Be on the lookout for this one.
- As per the reports, facial recognition has over 95 percent of success rate in correct identification. This is a lot better than the fingerprint recognition effectiveness.
- The device is rumoured to have a specialized dual-lens camera system. Amid speculations of the iPhone having built-in projectors, thus enabling the device to project videos and images onto screens. Quite powerful.
- As per the reports, iPhone 7 would have a 1920×1080 resolution with Retina HD display and the new iOS 9 as the operating system.
It is likely to be available in several colors — silver, space grey, black, and gold.
The OnePlus Two is expected to be released in Q2 2015 with a very affordable price tag. It’ll be available in either the Silk White or Sandstone Black colors plus the many Style Swap accessories that can be purchased separately.
- The OnePlus Two features the same 5.5-inch 1080p display along with a Snapdragon 805 processor.
- A 16-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera are built in the phone for unrealistic images and sharp results.
- The OnePlus two has a long-lasting 3300mAh battery, a whooping 3GB of RAM and 64GB of flash storage.
- The smartphone runs Android 4.4 with Oppo’s Color OS placed on top instead of CyanogenMod.
OnePlus seems to be on top of its game as surviving with just a single device all year is nothing short of a spectacular success story that defies all odds. The flagship phones present a real value for money and OnePlus Two shall continue this trend in 2015 for them as well.
Sony Xperia Z4
Sony has One of the most interesting upgrades in Sony Xperia Z4 rendered edges that shall light up “discretely” and serve as the notification lights. Pair this with a significantly slimmer metallic body than the previous Z3 (5.7 mm compared to 7.3 mm) and some very slim bezels and this truly becomes a phone to kill for.
- The Xperia Z4 carries a 4GB of RAM, Qi wireless charging, a 5.4-inch Quad HD display, and a 3420 mAh battery. The phone has a 20.7-megapixel rear camera, 4.8-megapixel front-facing camera and lollipop android.
- The 21 MP sensor camera is believed to enhance the performance in HDR mode, and also increase the level of detail in HD videos.
- The Xperia Z4 is capable of video recording at 30FPS along with 4K resolution (4096 x 2160), the sensor supports 192 different autofocus points, reducing noise and increasing details by a significant margin.
The recent Sony Pictures email leak has revealed the launch to be done sometime May/November. Can’t wait for this one.
According to the rumours, the Xiaomi Mi5 does appear to have a remarkably thin bezel that’s significantly thinner than its predecessor.
- The Mi5 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor quad Krait 450 cores clocked at 2.7GHz and the powerful Adreno 420 GPU for unbeatable graphics.
- Like its predecessor the Mi4, the Mi5 is also listed as having 3GB of LP-DDR3 RAM on board that is more than sufficient.
- In addition to this, a choice between 16GB and 64GB of eMMC 5.0 on-board flash storage is also present for the user.
- Other High-end specs include a 16-megapixel primary camera having a lens of f/1.8 and an 8-megapixel selfie snapper.
- Last but not the least, the battery is packed with a generous 3,600 mAh of capacity.
The Mi5 shall definitely give a tough competition to many high-end smartphones. The Mi5 is expected to be unveiled at the CES 2015, which is scheduled early in the year.